Saturday, October 14, 2006

Light the Night Walk 2006

On Sunday October 8, 2006, Cindy, Ethan, and I participated in the Light the Night Walk at the Warner Center Park in Woodland Hills to help raise money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. With the help of my coworkers and a $300 matching grant from Teradyne, I was able to raise $925. With the help of our family and friends, Cindy was able to raise $890. We want to thank everyone who donated money. We really are grateful to have such generous friends.

And now for the snaps. Here's Ethan and Cindy enjoying a pre-walk juice box.


Ethan and I getting our balloons ready for lighting. To light the balloons, a simple battery powered switch runs a copper wire to a small light that stuffs into the opening of the helium filled balloon. But I must note that since IvyMike informed me about the helium shortage, I feel a little bit guilty about participating in an event that wastes so much helium. We'll have to use lighted suits in the future, I guess.


Here we are at the official start and finish line of a one and a half mile walk around the Warner Center park in Woodland Hills.


It's a good thing we got out front this year because this walk had over 2000 walkers. Here's just a few of them lining up behind the starting line. Folks were still walking near the start when we came around at the finish.


And finally, here we are at the finish. Whew!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home